Monday 21 May 2012



This is a first draft of half of the harness. I shall probably redo this completely at some point, but for the moment, after mirroring it to make the whole thing the next step will be to learn how to rig it and import it to SL.

I made this by starting with a rectangle as the cross-section of the strap, and extruding it inch by inch over the avatar's surface, painstakingly positioning and rotating the new end. There is a snap-to feature in Blender that lets me snap the strap-end to the avatar surface, but it only works on one vertex at a time. I found it didn't help much so I turned it off.  Maybe there's a faster way (automatic extrusion of a cross-section along a smooth curve?) but I haven't found one.

Even with a three-button mouse, a Space Navigator, a full-size keyboard, and a 30" display, it still feels like using one of those fairground machines where you have to manipulate a claw to pick up a stuffed toy. I have a long way to go to get to this level.

And now for something completely different.


Fae Varriale's build at LEA6.

What a friendly tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment